Based on a design by Jesus Carrillo the Pinewood Derby car scale is a microcontroller based scale that will aid the advanced racer in fine tuning their derby car. The flexible design of the scale allows it to be easily constructed and modified to meet your specific needs. Features of the car scale include:
- Utilizes three 100g (3.5 oz) load cells - one for each wheel of the car
- Features a color display to graphically present weight information
- Displays total car weight, weight and distribution (%) at each wheel
- Displays weight in ounces or grams
- Configurable to display front wheel weight on left or right side
- Features a Tare function
- Scale can be calibrated utilizing a 50g reference weight
Visit the following pages to see more information on building and using the car scale:
COMING SOON - Information and photos to aid in the construction of the car scale including circuits, wiring and the enclosure.
Problems or have a question? Check here for a list of commonly asked questions and other troubleshooting tips.
Last updated: 6 Sep 2020